Gameplay Details and Concept Art Revealed For BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY
Published: November 14, 2010 - 11:27pm
Thanks to user Daniel17 over at Arkham City.Co.UK fans have a translation on a Brazilian based article which featured details on the upcoming Batman game. Plus, the concept art of Harley Quinn has been released.
The concept art of Harley Quinn has been released revealing her new look in the game, included is the previously released images of Harley Quinn from Game Rant.
- There are special moves that can hit up to three enemies at once.
- Batman will have new air attacks, one of them involves Bats hanging by a cord and jumping over the enemies and disarming them. You can return to the starting point of the jump or carry on with the fight. There is also a diving Swivel which hits two enemies to once.
- Batman now has special combat moves (or terminators), one of them is called "Fallen," a combination of quick punches with a vertical kick that launches the enemy into the air allowing Bats for a second aerial shot. Also there will be others attacks where Batman combines combos and equipment to take out foes.
- Batman will be able to climb all objects, climbing on buildings, including wires (Batman will be able to balance on them) something similar to what was seen in the Assassins Creed II, you will be able to slide underneath objects, cling to poles, rods or perform gymnastic maneuvers and also slide down ramps to grab an enemy. You are also able to get a flying start by leaping through windows.
- Batman now has a feature where he can dodge projectiles shot from firearms, it can also be used for normal attacks.
- Batman will be able to grab enemies mid flight.
- When Batman is soaring, if you go toward a window he performs a motion diving with his feet to smash the window and execute a surprise attack..
- Batman can now run and use gadgets at the same time, you can also run, jump and hit at the same time. Batarangs can be thrown even when Batman jumps into the air.
- Batman will have many new falls silent.
- Some fragile walls can be torn down with a swim up to execute a surprise attack on the enemies that are behind the wall.
- Batman will now be able to silently grab two enemies at once.
And with respect to "silently grab": When Batman grabs the enemy you need not wait the whole process to collapse the enemy, you can speed up this movement with a second attack "the enemy to fall more quickly".
- Batman will have all its equipment from the previous game early on.
- Smoke Bomb.
- Grapple Boost, Similar to the equipment seen in Just Cause 2.
- There will be a "second Grapple gun" or "second zip line" (have two zip line) "is used in the air simultaneously, Batman can swing by your cable similar to the" Spiderman "causes the web.
- There will be a sonar Batman invoked where a large colony of bats.
- An analyzer transmission, to find the location of transmissions.
- The map of Arkham City is five times larger than the map of Arkham Asylum, this map will be "free," but at the same time linear.
- "Multiplayer", is not confirmed if he is the co-op or not.
- There will be side missions, one is related to Victor Zsaz, you meet a series of phone calls throughout the city, when you answer all the calls you will be able to find Zsaz.
- Buildings will be detailed inside, some will be side missions.
- Could there be a database of all records of all detainees from prison, as the criminal faction that particular detainee belongs or to which villain he works.
- Alfred replace Oracle as his sidekick.
- Scenes of crime more complicated than the first game, more realistic.
- "Many crime scenes demanding puzzles to be solved.
- Some cases require, "interrogation" to seek information.
- Some crime scenes are scattered throughout the city.
- In one scene we see a study of ballistic.
- All detainees will now have different appearances, there will be a huge variety of weapons far greater than in the first game, some enemies will have more agility while others will have more defense, including some even will use shields.
- Most robbers will be grouped into groups, each headed by a villain in the game.
- You can track the gangs and all detainees in its criminal database.
- Bandits who are not related to any group are to roam the streets.
- The Bandits "Riddler" replace their "tips map", which will require interrogations to discover the secrets and plans of "Charade", they will appear in the database when you observe the detective mode.
- There will be more enemies in every battle against the previous game (in the confrontation DEMO appear about 40).
- Detainees are more aggressive and attack simultaneously.
- Bandits have more realistic AI, and may even run away or seek reinforcements.
- Have a much greater variety of different weapons and attacks, some enemies to block normal attacks.