GIVEAWAY: ANNA KARENINA Movie Prize Pack
Published: November 18, 2012 - 6:20pm
Anna Karenina is acclaimed director Joe Wright’s bold, theatrical new vision of the epic story of love, stirringly adapted from Leo Tolstoy’s great novel by Academy Award winner Tom Stoppard (Shakespeare in Love).
The time is 1874. Vibrant and beautiful, Anna Karenina (Ms. Knightley) has what any of her contemporaries would aspire to; she is the wife of Karenin (Jude Law), a high-ranking government official to whom she has borne a son, and her social standing in St. Petersburg could scarcely be higher. She journeys to Moscow after a letter from her philandering brother Oblonsky (Matthew Macfadyen) arrives, asking for Anna to come and help save his marriage to Dolly (Kelly Macdonald).
En route, Anna makes the acquaintance of Countess Vronsky (Olivia Williams), who is then met at the train station by her son, the dashing cavalry officer Vronsky (Aaron Taylor-Johnson). When Anna is introduced to Vronsky, there is a mutual spark of instant attraction that cannot – and will not – be ignored.
The Moscow household is also visited by Oblonsky’s best friend Levin (Domhnall Gleeson), an overly sensitive and compassionate landowner. Levin is in love with Dolly’s younger sister Kitty (Alicia Vikander). Inopportunely, he proposes to Kitty but she is infatuated with Vronsky. Devastated, Levin returns to his Pokrovskoe estate and throws himself into farm work. Kitty herself is heartbroken when, at a grand ball, Vronsky only has eyes for Anna and the married woman reciprocates the younger man’s interest.
Anna struggles to regain her equilibrium by rushing home to St. Petersburg, where Vronsky follows her. She attempts to resume her familial routine, but is consumed by thoughts of Vronsky. A passionate affair ensues, which scandalizes St. Petersburg society. Karenin is placed in an untenable position and is forced to give his wife an ultimatum. In attempting to attain happiness, the decisions Anna makes pierce the veneer of an image-obsessed society, reverberating with romantic and tragic consequences that dramatically change her and the lives of all around her.
A Focus Features Release, Anna Karenina is directed by Joe Wright based on the novel by Leo Tolstoy. The film is now playing internationally and in limited release around the US and Canada.
Two (2) winners will receive:
· Copy of the Anna Karenina (movie tie-in edition)
· Official Anna Karenina Soundtrack
· Votivo Candle with Bookmark
Prize pack valued at $54 each
- Follow us on Twitter and post the following text to your page:
I Entered the ANNA KARENINA Movie Prize Pack Giveaway from @FocusFeatures and @TheDailyBLAM http://tinyurl.com/bms8dz9
- Leave a comment in the section below with a link to your Twitter page to verify your entry
* Sweepstakes begins today, Sunday, November 18th, and ends Friday, November 23rd, 2012. Winners will be contacted immediately after the Sweepstakes ends. If a winner fails to claim their prize within three days of notification it will be awarded to a randomly selected entry.
* Only one entry per registered account holder over the age of eighteen (18) will be accepted.
* Open to members from the United States and Canada.